WhatsApp is nothing less than a sensation around the world as the application packs millions of users. With the help of WhatsApp, we can send messages; photos, videos, documents as well as make a video call. However, given number of online privacy breaches, it is an excellent idea to keep our data safe from WhatsApp for further uses. There are several messages and photos and many more things that are useful to us, so we need to back up our data regularly. WhatsApp data backup will be helpful whenever you delete your application by mistake and reset your device. If you have stored your backup information on your device, then it is not difficult to back up your chat and images.
In the previous version of WhatsApp, the backup features are not available, but with the new WhatsApp updates, it provides WhatsApp backup and restores. In the previous version, the user uses copy and paste options to back up their data in some third-party application and folder. Still, users can quickly recover or restore data in their iCloud Google Drive and PC, etc.
The new version of WhatsApp software allows the user to recover their data in their source device automatically. There are several options in the WhatsApp to backup your data, but one of the best options automatically recovers your data by time to time as every day, week, or monthly basis.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chat and Photos on iPhone and iPad
Backup creating will copy of your WhatsApp message conversation, photos, and videos directly share into your iCloud account.
Here are the steps on how to backup your chat and photos on your iPhone and iPad device:-
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hit the Setting option that appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Hit on the Chat icon to see the chat settings.
- Hit Chat Backup.
- Choose the Back Up Now option to rapidly backup your conversation chat and photos.
- You can also switch the Auto Backup option to schedule your backup regularly.
- With these above troubleshoots, you can easily backup your WhatsApp data.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chat and Photos From iPhone and iPad
- Launch your device.
- To start the backup from your iCloud account to WhatsApp, make sure you are login the same account into your iCloud account.
- Installed WhatsApp from the App Store into your iPhone and iPad.
- Sign in to WhatsApp by using your Phone Number, and remember the number has the same as you have used or backup earlier.
- When you log in your number into WhatsApp, the application asked you to restore the backup from iCloud.
How to Export WhatsApp Chat into File
Whenever you want to save your WhatsApp conversation into a text file, then you need to set an email account onto your computer, or you can also store it into a flash drive. Here are the steps on how to restore your message in a text file, but you can’t back up your text file chat into WhatsApp. If you delete your WhatsApp, you cannot recover your text from File.
- Visit the chat section and tap on the person that chat you wish to export into a file or tap on the person’s name or number.
- Hit on the Export Chat that shown in the bottom of your screen.
- Now WhatsApp takes some moments to access your data and give you a different option to exporting your File.
- The easiest way to save your File into the email, select Save to File on your device. If you have chosen Save to Files, then you can search your File into Files application.
If you have not backed up your videos and photos for a long time, then you need to use a different method to recover your videos and pictures. It is only done by manually upload your content on iCloud and another device that you want; you can also upload it into Google Drive. Another way you can upload your videos and photos using iCloud and Dropbox and also use WhatsApp for the desktop to backup your data into Your PC.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.