A few users have reported a weird error message saying Windows Mixed Reality Not Working. It can influence due to a lousy update which might be corrupted due to improper Windows Update. Several users have faced that their program becomes almost unfeasible to start, install, or update. Many tried some solutions to fix it, but most of them failed in doing so, and the problem continued to annoy them. In case you are also facing the same, keep on reading, and you would be able to find a perfect solution for the issue.
Problems with Windows Mixed Reality
Although your computer hardware can’t run correctly without compatible drivers and software, you can still fix the issue with the solutions mentioned in this article. The issue may be triggered due to incompatible and corrupted drivers. Many users are facing the issue while installing the WMR software on Windows, and they see failure in installation as well. Hence it is vital to solving this issue since it can ruin your experience completely.
Solution 1: Updating the Windows to the Latest Version
Windows Update released a new update to fix the Windows Mixed Reality Not Working Error. So you all you have to do is make sure that your Windows is updated to the newest version:
- Head to the Start menu by pressing the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Now navigate to the Settings of your system.
- Then head to the Update & security option.
- Navigate to the Windows Update option.
- Make your way to the Check for updates link.
- Then reboot the Windows system and then open the Mixed Reality Portal to see if the error persists or not.
Solution 2: Scanning Your System for Viruses
The computer viruses are specifically developed lightweight programs that can come through the internet, data transfer drives, and via other sources. These viruses are capable of blocking particular programs without even requiring permission. In case any kind of viruses is infecting your PC, it can be fatal for your computer programs as well as data. The error code saying Windows Mixed Reality Not Working error can also show due to the ongoing viruses.
Solution 3: Fix Your Internet Connection
Sometimes when your internet connection is acting up, a few programs may start misbehaving, including the Windows Mixed Reality program, and you may end up with the Windows Mixed Reality Not Working Error. In such case the below steps might cure the problem:
- Performa a Right-click on the Windows logo icon on the lower-left corner.
- Then pick the Settings option.
- Thereafter, head to Network & Internet.
- Head to the Status option.
- Then make your way to the Change connection properties option.
- Now ensure that the option saying “Set as metered connection” is disabled.
Solution 4: Fixing Corrupted Windows Files
In case your system has some broken or corrupted files on it, then it can cause malfunction while starting other programs that need those system files. This all can result in the Windows Mixed Reality Not Working Error, so follow these instructions to fix the issue:
- Hit the Windows Logo key on your keyboard to launch the start menu.
- Then put in cmd.
- Make a Right-click on the Command Prompt icon.
- Press on the Yes to continue.
- Put in sfc /scannow and then hit Enter to initiate the process of recovering broken Windows files.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.