Microsoft Word is a trusted platform for writing, sharing, and saving all the office or school project requirements. But some people still don’t use Word or rely on an alternative. So, where you want to share a document with them, you’ll have to find an alternative to share the copies of the files. In this case, the best option would be to share it as an image file. Image files are great for keeping records of the files, and it gets easier to organize and store everything. It also prevents others from making any changes to your files. So, they will remain secure and exactly how you wrote them. If you want to use it, try the following conversion methods:
Take Screenshot of Your Documents
If the document that you want to share has only one page, then it is better to use the screenshot function. You can use this feature for multi-page documents as well, but then you’ll have to take a screenshot of each of your pages. For multiple pages, it is better to use one of the other methods mentioned below. To take the screenshot of your documents, press Alt + PrtSc keys or Win + PrtSc. Now, you can move ahead to convert it into an image file. Here is how to do it:
- Open your document with Microsoft Word.
- Click on the View tab at the taskbar.
- From the Zoom section, click on One Page.
- Scroll down to the page that you want to save as an image. Make sure the page captures the full document view in Word.
- Now, press Ctrl + N to create a new Word document.
- In your new document, click on the Insert tab and select the Screenshot.
- Then, click on Screen Clipping.
- Now, select the piece of your screen (capturing your document) you want to save as an image.
- Word will capture a screenshot and add it to your new document. Then, give a right-click on this screenshot and click on Save as Picture.
- The standard save box will save your Word document as an image. Add a name to the image, select a file type, and click on Save.
These steps can be used on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Use Snip & Sketch
Snip & Sketch is a built-in screenshot app on Windows 10. This app can save your Word documents as an image file as well. Some of its tools offer custom area selection that enables you to precisely select the area of your Word document so that you can take an accurate screenshot of it. Here’s how you do this:
- Launch your document with Microsoft Word.
- Open the page that you want to save as an image.
- Use the slider from the bottom-right corner of the Word document to make your page fully visible. Note that you can only save an image of what covers the screen.
- Press the Win key, and search and open the Snip & Sketch app.
- Click on the New option in the utility to capture a screenshot.
- Using the cursor, drag, and select the entire area you want to save as an image on your page.
- The image version of the page will open in the Snip & Sketch app.
- Now, use the Crop tool to trim the edges (if required).
- From the toolbar, click on the Save icon to save the image file on your PC.
Save Word File as PDF and Convert it into an Image File
Word offers a variety of options to save your document in different formats. PDF is one of the formats Word offers. You can convert the PDF of your Word Document into an image, and it is a relatively easier process. The procedure might seem a little lengthy, but it will be worth your time in the end.
Use the following steps to save your document as PDF in Word:
- Open your document in Word, and from the taskbar, click on File.
- Now, click on Save As and select Browse.
- A save box will open on your screen, and you’ll find the ‘Save as Type’ dropdown menu.
- Select PDF and enter a name in the File Name box.
- Click on Save at the bottom.
Make sure you can find the newly created PDF on your computer. Now, you can convert the PDF into an image file. Install PDF to JPG app from the Microsoft Store, and follow these steps:
- Click on Launch once the PDF to JPG app is downloaded and installed.
- On the app, click on Select File and select the PDF you converted earlier. You’ll get to see the preview of the pages you want to convert.
- Click on Select Folder at the top of the screen, and choose a folder to save your images.
- Click on Convert to start converting your PDF into an image file.
After the conversion gets finished, you’ll find one image for each page in your PDF document. Combine all the pages in a single file for a convenient sharing experience. All the methods mentioned above will make your work easy.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for webroot security products at webroot.com/safe.