WBOL157 is one of the most threatening errors a user can face in their system. The issue hides under the disguise of technical support that’s why every user must be cautious of the threat and not take it lightly. So, here are the instructions to fix the WBOL157 error code.
Turn on Safe Mode on Windows 8 and 10
If you want to turn on the Safe Mode on Windows 8 and 10, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to launch the Windows start menu and move the cursor above the Power button.
- After that, long-press the Shift key and choose Restart from the extra list of boot options.
- If the PC reboots, then select the troubleshoot option.
- Then go to the Advanced Options.
- After that, choose Startup Settings.
- You have to select the Restart option.
- Now, you will view a fresh table with boot settings list.
- Press F5 to turn on Safe Mode with Networking Mode.
Turn on Safe Mode in Older Windows versions.
If you want to turn on Safe Mode in older Windows versions, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by rebooting the PC and it.
- While the system is starting, long-press the Shift key and hold down the F8 button on the keyboard.
- You will view an ‘Advanced Boot Options’ screen.
- Reaching the ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ through the arrow buttons and press Enter.
Manually Scan PC for Unwanted Programs
If you want to scan the PC for unwanted programs manually, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First, you have to go to the Windows Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- After that, go to the Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- You should uninstall every suspicious program (add-ons, toolbars, etc.) from the list.
- Now, you have to reset all the browsers to their original form settings.
Delete Error: WBOL157 Virus Traces from Google Chrome
If you want to delete error: WBOL1157 virus traces from Google Chrome, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First and foremost, go to the web browser and select the menu icon.
- After that, you should choose More Tools and then Extensions.
- You have to locate the doubtful plugins, installations and select the trash icon or Remove option to clear them.
- Later, navigate to the ‘Advanced Settings’ and Reset browser settings.’
- Now, you should hit Reset to verify.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.