Echo Show packs various interesting features and serves multiple purposes as well. You can use it as a photo frame or transform it as a clock display or check various weather updates etc.
Sometimes, people tend to use it as a clock screen only without transforming it into other modes. It’s not very easy to stay in a mode for a long time, but you can adjust it so that it will start to appear more frequently than usual.
If you wish to adjust your Echo Show, then you should follow these instructions:
1. Applying Limit to your Display Card’s Rotation
You can apply limitations to the screen transformation feature through “Settings.” Follow these steps to apply limits to the display rotation:
- First of all, you have to scroll your page down on your Echo Show screen. It will show you the “quick access bar.”
- Now, tap on the “Settings” logo situated on the upper right-hand side of your bar.
- Then, you have to hit on the “Home Screen” option from the given listing.
- After that, you have to choose the option “Home Screen Preferences.”
- Next, tap on the “Rotate Once” option located inside the “Rotation” panel.
- Now, scroll your page down and check that all your items located inside “Displayed Home Cards” are turned off. It will ensure that no other screen will rotate back to back besides “Clock.”
- Then, go to the “Home Screen” and see the switching function of your clock display card.
2. Turn on DND Feature
Switching “DND” On enables you to stop various alerts and notifications from “Amazon Alexa.” In this case, you will not see any incoming alerts or calls. After doing this, your Echo Show screen will not transform to any other display.
Once “Do not Disturb” is activated, your screen will remain unchanged until you turn it off. It will not remain as it is for always, but you can try it for some time.
You have two options to apply DND on your Echo Show; voice commanding Alexa or the manual method.
If you wish to apply DND through Alexa voice command on your device to stay it on Clock mode, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to give voice command: “Alexa, Don’t Disturb me.”
- You may also request to change to clock display mode by applying DND. You have to tell “Alexa, Do Not Disturb.”
- Wait for a while for the Alexa to accept your command. Then it sets the screen to “Clock” mode.
In case, you desire to apply DND manually on your “Echo Show” device in order to set the rotation to stay on clock display mode; then you should follow these mentioned instructions:
- First of all, you have to open “Alexa” on your smartphone.
- Then, tap on the “Menu” logo situated at the upper-left portion of your screen.
- Now, click on “Settings.”
- After that, navigate to the “Device Settings” option.
- Next, a device’s list will appear on your screen, so select the “Echo Show” option there.
- Then, hit the “Do not Disturb” option.
- Now, turn the toggle button to On.
Note: You can readjust or reset the changes by navigating the particular settings page. There is no permanent solution to stay on this display mode so you have to readjust it from time to time.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.