Yeah, you read the title right! Now you can send messages on WhatsApp without actually saving the contact number. WhatsApp is a popular messaging application on the internet, and while it’s highly user-friendly, there’s one niggle that has irritated us for quite some time. How to send a WhatsApp message without adding a contact or sending a WhatsApp message without adding a contact.
Certain third-party apps allow you to send WhatsApp messages without adding contacts, but using these apps is not encouraged because it can jeopardize your security and could result in your WhatsApp account being blocked. Therefore, avoid such programs and not risk the security of your smartphone. Here’s how to send WhatsApp messages without having to add someone to your contact list.
Sending messages to unsaved numbers
The first technique we’ll recommend is compatible with both Android and iOS. Here’s how you can send WhatsApp messages to numbers you haven’t saved.
- Open the browser on your phone. This link provided can be copied and pasted in the address bar.
Use— http://wa.me/xxxxxxxxxx, or this — http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=xxxxxxxxxx
- You need to provide the phone number together with the country code in place of ‘xxxxxxxxxx.’
- After you’ve typed the URL, press Enter to open it.
- The recipient’s mobile number and a green-colored Message button will then appear on a WhatsApp webpage. You’ll be routed to WhatsApp if you tap the green message button.
- That’s how you can now WhatsApp individuals without having to add them as a contact.
Sending WhatsApp Messages to an unknown contact using Siri Shortcuts
On an iPhone, there is an easier way to complete the task. Using Siri Shortcuts, send a WhatsApp message to an unsaved number without adding a contact.
- First, get the Siri Shortcuts app.
- Open the app and select the Gallery option in the bottom right corner. Now you may create whatever shortcut you want and run it once.
- After this, go to Settings > Shortcuts > Allow Untrusted Shortcuts and turn it on. This will let you execute Siri Shortcuts created by anyone, therefore only download shortcuts created by trusted sources, and even if you download random shortcuts, check the steps to ensure they deliver what you need.
- After this, access the link on your iPhone and download it by clicking the Get Shortcut button.
- You’ll then be taken to the Shortcuts app. Then, add the Shortcut by tapping Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- After that, open the Shortcuts app and check the My Shortcuts page for the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut. You can run it from here or add a quick launch shortcut to your home screen by tapping the three dots symbol at the top of the shortcut and then tapping Add to Home Screen.
- After that, enter the recipient’s phone number. You’ll be taken to WhatsApp with a new message window open after entering it along with the country code.
WhatsApp has no doubt grown in popularity in India and around the world due to its ease of use and clear nature. Simple tasks like sending a message to someone without preserving their contacts, on the other hand, still necessitate a workaround, and we’re not sure if this will ever be incorporated as a feature of the app. Until then, you can rely on this article.